jump to navigation

The Tuesday That Was September 7, 2016

Posted by jkahane in food hut, health hut, personal, rpg hut.
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Yesterday (Tuesday) was one of the longest days I’ve had in a while.

The morning started off well enough, with work keeping me busy, though I’d had a bit of a rough night in terms of bowel problems, but that was something that I was expecting. I came home from work, changed into non-office attire, and headed over to the doctor’s office for my appointment. The test results on my wrist showed nothing really wrong, but his diagnosis was that I’m either suffering from neuropathy induced problems or the eary stages of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Either way, he told me we’ll keep an eye on things, and gave me some suggestions on how to handle the occasional pain and some stuff that I can do for it.

From the doctor’s office, I went over to the Billings Bridge Plaza, and had some lunch. Specifically a bacon and chicken wrap at Tim Horton’s with a bottle of water. Very nice, and quite tasty, but not as filling as I’d hoped. I had agreed to meet SteveR at the house so managed to get back to the house just a few minutes before he arrived, and then grabbing up some of the stuff I had that needed photocopying, we headed out.

We went to the pharmacy, as we both had to pick up prescriptions and I also needed to clean up a mess with some of the prescription orders. Once that was done, we headed over to Business Depot, and I did the printing I needed for the Polaris RPG while also picking up a couple of blue binders. It was a pretty hot day, and we both had a bit of an appetite, so we went over to Harvey’s and had a hot dog with a small milkshake (mine was vanilla), though I didn’t finish the latter. From Harvey’s it was back to my place where SteveR dropped me off, and while he headed back home.

I took a small sitz bath (as I was drenched from the heat outdoors), and then had a bottle of water to hydrate myself, and some celery sticks with some cream cheese as a light snack. The rest of what was left of the afternoon went nicely, although I did take a slight nap. And then just before supper it started. Bowel problems. The kind where basically you make a mess of the bathroom floor. ‘Nuff said. I cleaned the mess up, and then finally got around to making supper (amid several more trips to the bathroom), and finally settled down enough for the rest of the night that I could just sit back, put my (badly aching and swollen) foot up, and relax.

I woke up this morning feeling relatively fine, though I’ve still got some pain in the left ankle, and it’s pretty much swollen up again and is quite painful. Work is keeping me busy this morning, and that’s good.

But I could really use a nap soon. Maybe this afternoon.


No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: