First Meme of the Year January 4, 2017Posted by jkahane in meme, personal.
Tags: meme, personal
add a comment
Got a bit of time at the moment here at the office, so figured I would do a meme. First one of the year. Got this one courtesy of Suricattus.
42 Questions You’ve Probably Never Been Asked:
1. First thing you wash in the shower/tub?
Generally, my hands, but that’s mainly to test the water temperature.
2. What colour is your favorite hoodie?
3. Do you plan outfits?
Umm, no, except for the clothes for work.
4. How are you feeling right now?
Tired, a bit stressed, and I want another cup of herbal tea.
5. What’s the closest thing to you that’s red?
Thea Gilmore’s Harpo’s Ghost CD.
6. Tell me about the last dream you had?
I don’t remember the details of my last dream. Thank Goddess, as my dreams have been disturbing the last few weeks.
7. Did you meet anybody new today?
Yep, the taxi driver of the cab that I took to work.
8. What are you craving right now?
9. What comes to mind when you think of Cabbage?
Cole slaw. I love the stuff.
10. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
11. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
12. Do you like your hair?
Such as I have left :), most of the time. I hate “hat hair” in winter, so I try to keep it short, but then my head feels hot.
13. Do you like yourself?
I would say yes, about 90% of the time.
14. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
15. What are you listening to right now?
Thea Gilmore’s “St. Luke’s Summer” on the Rules for Jokers CD.
16. Are/Were your parents strict?
Being the youngest of two, they were somewhat strict.
17. Would you go sky diving?
18. Do you like cottage cheese?
19. Have you ever met a celebrity?
20. Do you rent movies often?
21. Is there anything sparkly in the room you’re in?
Not that I can think of. Other than the Christmas decorations on the tree which are currently being removed. The tree is *finally* coming down.
22. Have you made a prank phone call?
Yep, but not since I was 10 years old or so.
23. Ever been on a train?
Yes. On several continents.
24. Brown or white eggs?
Omega-3 eggs, usually white.
25. Do you use chap stick?
26. Can you use chop sticks?
27. Are you too forgiving?
28. Ever been in love?
Yes. Nothing else to add here.
29. Last time you cried?
New Year’s Day.
30. What was the last question you were asked?
Trick question, huh. Look up above this answer.
31. Favorite time of the year?
32. Do you have any tattoos?
33. Are you sarcastic?
Yes, I am (more often than I’d like).
34. Ever walked into a wall?
35. Favourite colour?
36. Have you ever slapped someone?
Not that I can recall.
37. Is your hair curly?
38. Do looks matter?
Yes. Unfortunately, our society judges too much on looks and appearance.
39. Do you like your life right now?
40. Do you sleep with the TV on?
Yep. Doesn’t happen often, though.
41. Can you handle the truth?
Loaded question. I would say… Yes, for the most part.
42. Do you have good vision?
Yep, when I’m wearing my glasses for distance vision.
12 Days of Christmas (Meme) December 29, 2016Posted by jkahane in meme, personal.
Tags: christmas, meme, personal
add a comment
Just because I felt like something silly today. (And forgot to do this earlier in the year.) 🙂
Wilma or a Betty Man? September 30, 2016Posted by jkahane in meme, music hut, videos.
Tags: melanie doane, meme, music hut, video
add a comment
Long day at work, but I’m finally home. A bit of a distraction needed, so here you go…
One of my favourite Canadian musicians is Melanie Doane. She has a wonderful track called “Wilma or a Betty Man”, that asks a series of questions. I thought I would answer the questions here, and give folks some insight into myself.
Here’s the song from Youtube (no video of the song, unfortunately).
And here are my answers to the questions. Take ’em and paste ’em for yourself, too. 🙂
Are You a Wilma or a Betty Man?
1. Wilma or a Betty Man?
Betty, definitely Betty.
2. Mercedes of a Trans Am?
Mercedes. Would that I could afford one. 🙂
3. Single malt or beer?
4. Like it when hair is touched?
Love it, under the right circumstances. <g>
5. Boxers or briefs?
6. First kiss?
First kiss was from my mother, of course. 🙂 First *romantic* kiss was from Jenny Halliwell, in Grade 4.
7. What do you wear to bed?
Nothing. Sometimes, a pair of boxers. In winter, flannel pjs.
8. Do you think Elvis is dead?
Nope, he just left the building.
9. Ginger or Mary Anne?
So post up your results, too. 🙂
A Meme of 40+ Qs July 29, 2016Posted by jkahane in meme, personal.
Tags: meme, personal
add a comment
Time for a meme. Haven’t done one of these in age. Grabbed this one from my friend, .
1. Do you like blue cheese?
Yes, but I don’t eat it a lot.
2. Have you ever smoked?
Yes, yes I have.
3. Do you own a gun?
No, thank Goddess.
4. What is your favorite flavor?
5. Do you get nervous before Doctor visits?
Pretty much always, but some times less nervous than others.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I like ’em, especially in wurst salad. 🙂
7. Favorite Movie?
Kiss Me Deadly. Surprised, huh? 🙂
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
9. Do you do push ups?
Push-ups? Haven’t done push-ups since I developed serious arthritis.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
Don’t have one.
11. Favorite hobby?
Reading. Second is roleplaying games.
12. Do you have A.D.D.?
13. What’s the one thing you dislike about yourself?
My somewhat bad temper (inherited from my dad, I hear).
14. What is your middle name?
15. Name three thoughts at this moment…
Why am I doing this meme?, what to do for lunch today? Need to do some reading of gaming material when I get home.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
Water, herbal tea (mint or chai), and decaf coffee.
17. Current worry?
Health concern that I’m not going to discuss here.
18. Current annoyance right now?
Finding money to fix the ceiling fan in my bedroom.
19. Favorite place to be?
20. How do you ring in the new year?
I have friends over (or go over to friends), socialise, maybe do some roleplaying, go home, hit the bed.
21. Where would you like to go?
Two places in particular: Thailand, Australia.
22. Name three people who will complete this?
I really don’t have a clue.
23. Do you own slippers?
I used to. Not now.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now?
A crisp, white shirt, with a green and silver tie. (I’m at work.)
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
Never having slept on satin sheets, I can’t say.
26. Can you whistle?
27. What are your favorite colors?
Sunset orange, light brown or beige.
28. Would you be a pirate?
No, I don’t think so.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Mostly Jethro Tull stuff. 🙂
30. Favorite girls name?
31. Favorite boys name?
32. What’s in your pocket right now?
My office pass, and a ballpoint pen.
33. Last thing that made you laugh?
Donald Trump’s latest comments in the political mess in the U.S. of A..
34. Best toy as a child?
Some Fireball XL-5 toys. 🙂
35. Worst injury you ever had?
Smashed left ankle (playing hockey; required surgery).
36. Where would you love to live?
Definitely Paris. Maybe Seattle. But Ottawa’s a pretty decent city to live in as well.
37. How many TVs do you have?
One. Isn’t that enough?
38. Who is your loudest friend?
Not something I want to answer here.
39. How many dogs do you have?
None. I’m allergic to them.
40. Does someone trust you?
41. What book are you reading at the moment?
The Dinosaur Lords by Victor Milan.
42. What’s your favorite candy?
Toffee. (Don’t eat it much, though. Diabetes and bad for the teeth.)
43. What’s your favorite sports team?
Ottawa Senators of the NHL. Also love the Arsenal Gunners of the English Premier League. 🙂
44. Favourite month? May.